2 colour PM 74 water problems

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Alistair Tinsley, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Alistair Tinsley

Alistair Tinsley Member

Any advice on how to control water levels to the trays.One minute it's to much the next it's to little .One trays fills okay the other not enough etc etc.Tried putting separate taps to each unit but still have bother.Work at balancing amount of flow against suction.
    Tried it all but still problematic.
    Any ideas to get me going in right direction.
    Thank you in advance

2. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Alistair make sure all lines are clear no blockage.and keep a decent water level in main tank.i used to use a shop vac to suck the lines clean.build up of powder paper dust.was surprising . monthly cleaning helps this issue

3. Adil

Adil Senior Member

check the return circuits of the dampening solution, (dirty, twisted, etc.) clean if necessary, the filter (grid) under the pump emerged in the Baldwin, level of the Baldwin in relation to the dampening tank

4. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Failure to maintain a consistent water level was always my cue to flush the entire system. I consider an individual feed valve to each water tray a MUST. Right after a flush and blow out of ALL lines I like to set up the individual feed valves to flow just shy of what the return can handle. This insures that you are always working with the freshest and most temperature stable solution in each tray. As the system becomes dirty you will see that you need to reduce the feed to accommodate the return. If you get to the point where you can no longer see a slight ripple in the tray from the incoming fountain solution then its time for some maintenance!!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  5. Alistair Tinsley

Alistair Tinsley Member

okay.
    thanks for help
    I will check a few things out next shift

6. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Okey , good luck